1. Department of Finance Canada. (2007). Aspire to a Stronger, Safer, Better Canada, The Budget Plan. March 19, 2007.
2. Human Resources and Social Development Canada. (2007). What we’ve heard: Summary of consultations on the Child Care Spaces Initiative.
3. PressProgress, December 11, 2013. “5 things you should know about aboriginal education funding.” Retrieved from www.pressprogress.ca/en/post/5-things-you-should-know-aboutaboriginal-education-funding.
4. Federal Funding Levels for First Nations K-12 Education. Retrieved from www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca/eng/1349140116208/1349140158945.
5. Assembly of First Nations. (2010). First Nations Education Funding. Retrieved from www.afn.ca/uploads/files/education/fact_sheet_-_fn_education_funding_final.pdf.
6. Evaluation Services Public Health Agency of Canada. (March 2012). Evaluation of the Aboriginal Head Start in Urban and Northern Communities Program at the Public Health Agency of Canada. Retrieved from www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/about_apropos/evaluation/reports-rapports/2011-2012/ahsunc-papacun/summary-resume-eng.php#executive_summary.
7. Greenwood, M. (2001). An overview of the development of Aboriginal early childhood services in Canada. Retrieved fromwww.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/contentdelivery/servlet/ERICServlet?accno=ED456954.
8. Military Family Resource Centres. Retrieved from www.familyforce.ca/EN/Pages/map.aspx.
9. Military Family Services, Policy and Program Development. (2009). Canadian Forces Child Care stakeholder assessment report. Retrieved from www.cfmws.com/en/AboutUs/MFS/FamilyResearch/Documents/Other%20Research/Child%20Care%20Stakeholder%20Assessment%20Report%20E.pdf
10. Corrections Services Canada. Mother Child Program. Retrieved from www.csc-scc.gc.ca/text/prgrm/fsw/pro02-5-eng.shtml.
11. Personal communications. Sue Delanoy, Elizabeth Fry Society of Saskatchewan.
12. Citizenship and Immigration Canada. (2004). Evaluation of the Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) Program.Retrieved from www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/evaluation/linc/index.asp.
13. Statistics Canada. (2012). Survey of Young Canadians. Retrieved from http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p2SV.pl?Function=getSurvey&SDDS=5179
14. Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. (2006). Starting Strong II: Early childhood education and care. Paris, FR: OECD Publishing.
15. Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Directorate for Education. (2004). Early childhood care and education policy: Canada country note. Paris, FR: OECD Secretariat.
16. Council of Ministers of Education, Canada. (2008b). Learn Canada 2020: Joint declaration provincial and territorial ministers of education. Retrieved from www.cmec.ca/Publications/Lists/Publications/Attachments/187/CMEC-2020-DECLARATION.en.pdf.
17. Atkinson Centre. Resources on Extended Day (by School Board). Retrieved from www.oise.utoronto.ca/atkinson/Resources/Topics/Extended_Day.html.
18. Janmohamed, Z., Akbari, E., McCuaig, K. (in press). Schools at the Centre: An examination of extended hours programming in 3 Ontario regions. Atkinson Centre, University of Toronto.
19. Ontario Municipal Social Services Association. (2011). On the teeter-totter: The challenges and opportunities for licensed child care in rural, northern, and remote Ontario. Retrieved from www.omssa.com/lib/db2file.asp?fileid=37058.
20. Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, Social Policy Division, Directorate of Employment, Labour and Social Affairs. (2014). PF3.2: Enrolment in childcare and preschool. Retrieved from www.oecd.org/els/soc/PF3_2_Enrolment_in_childcare_and_preschools_1May2014.pdf
21. Fortin, P., Godbout, L., & St-Cerny, S. (2012). Impact of Quebec’s Low fee child care program on female labour force participation, domestic income, and government budgets. Research Chair in Taxation and Public Finance. University of Sherbrooke
22. Goelman, H., Doherty, G., Lero, D., LaGrange, A., Tougas, J. (2000). You Bet I Care! Caring and Learning Environments: Quality in Child Care Centres Across Canada. Centre for Families, Work and Well-Being, University of Guelph, Ontario. p. ix.
23. Statistics Canada, Labour Force Survey, custom tabulation S0814_04_Tab2.ivt.
24. Review of Early Learning Frameworks in Canada. Retrieved from www.oise.utoronto.ca/atkinson/Resources/Topics/Curriculum_Pedagogy/index.html
25. Adamson, Peter. (2008). The child care transition: A league table of early childhood education and care in economically advanced countries. Innocenti Report Card 8. Florence, IT: UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
26. Forum for Early Child Development Monitoring. (n.d.). Population Measures. Retrieved from www.childdevelopmentmonitoring.net
Next: Terms used in the Early Years Education Report 2014 >
© 2018 Atkinson Centre, All rights reserved